Thread: Games: What games are you currently playing? [OT!]

  1. #2841
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *Wiggles fingers* Kingdom Hearts II is out in exactly 2 weeks. How pleasurable.

  2. #2842
    Inactive Member justwildbeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    745
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hehehehe silly me, I thought it was already out because I saw all these posters and such in front of stores. Hopefully if I'm not too busy or those blasted stores still have it in stock (*cough* unlike the 360) then I'll get it ^_~

  3. #2843
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT Xellos (Waaaay back) - "Damn? Perfect 10s? From the demo that came with DQ8, I didn't find it too sextacular."

    Yeah, same here. It was a bit "meh". I think that was mostly down to the fact they only gave us two extremely short dungeon crawling sections though. There was no plot context, and no character customization - just a couple of meaningless, almost uninteractive battles and that was it. There must be a lot more to it in the main game if it managed to get that score, or at least i hope so for the sake of that mags future credibility.

    Im looking forward to FFXII more than Kingdom hearts II, although thats not to say im not dying to play the latter. Ive been waiting for both games for years now, and both got extremely good reviews (FFXII getting 40/4 in Famitsu, and KHII getting 39/40). Its like an RPG overload this year.

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ March 15, 2006 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

  4. #2844
    HB Forum Owner blahguy729's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 4th, 2005
    Posts
    122
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yay! Someone else is playing SoAL too! I had to go to 6 stores just to have to revisit one of the first ones i visited just to find a preowned copy. Still worth it though. I like the Dreamcast version for quality, but they add all the things you had to download on this one, so it's all ok for me ^_^

  5. #2845
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah! I mean god damn its hard to find. Its actually harder to find in europe for some reason, since the few people who do sell it are usually flogging the american version with a Freeloader disc.

    Me and OCB ran a test on this game though. We played through the intro sequences of the game on both the DC and GC, right up to the end of the first battle. The graphics are...shinier on the GC version, and generally brighter and more colourful. They also used antialiasing (a technique the GC can use to get rid of the jaggies). It looks fantastic now, and the loading times are slightly faster too.

    The one and only bad thing we noticed was that the battle music sampling was changed. It now runs off some sort of synth set on the GC's sound card, and sounds a little more MIDI now. This was probably to improve the loading times when entering the battles, but its a shame considering its the tune you'll hear the most in the game. Its a worthy trade-off in my opinion though.

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ March 16, 2006 03:10 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

  6. #2846
    HB Forum Owner blahguy729's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 4th, 2005
    Posts
    122
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thinking about returning to my Tales of Symphonia game although I think I may have already overplayed it, if such a thing is possible. I'm trying for a full completion of the game and have plugged over 200 hours into it and not even NASA could figure out how much caffeine pumped through my system. Just curious if anyone else has played the game, and is trying for this. Little competition has never hurt for motivation.

  7. #2847
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    You can't get 100% in one file. You have to replay it several times to get certain items, because of certain choices and who your soul mate is.

  8. #2848
    HB Forum Owner blahguy729's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 4th, 2005
    Posts
    122
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know that you can't have everything possible available to your use in one playthrough, but it records everything you have had in the collectors book, or things you've fought in the monster list, or the figurines you've made in figurine book and i have played through a couple times and i'm slowly gaining. I already have 100% in some areas and just wanted to see if anyone has wasted as much time as i have on trying to complete the game with 100% everything including titles, the monster book, and even the dreaded figurine book. I'm still quite a ways away from this but I think I'm steadily gaining on it and as i said before, competing sometimes helps to motivate.

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ March 17, 2006 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Blahguy ]</font>

  9. #2849
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

  10. #2850
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, when you meant your complete game playthrough I thought you'd meant one time through.

    I'm sorta working on it. I've replayed the game several times, but it's not really something I care about. I'm pretty much done with ToS now, I've done everything but finish the tedious collector's and monster books.

    Now, Tales of the Abyss and and Tales of Legendia... secksi.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •